Your first social media account

Debashis

Your first social media account

Post by Debashis »

When had you created your first ever social media account and which website was it?

For me it's Facebook around 2012.
Shortie

Re: Your first social media account

Post by Shortie »

I always remember my first social media account was MySpace and it was around 2005/2006 I believe if I remember rightly when I created that.

After MySpace, I created a Facebook account around 2006/2007 unless I am mistaken and not long after that, MySpace was no more.

I now have Twitter, Instagram, Threads, and Facebook account but I mainly use Twitter at the moment
Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak »

My first social media account was on Myspace and I created it back in 2006. I forgot the password once I got my laptop in 2008 though, so I made a new one. I actually asked my spouse out on Myspace. :lol: It's a shame it went under, the site was way more customizable compared to Facebook and Twitter.
The Raven

Post by The Raven »

To be fully honest, I don't recall what social media I used first but my wild guess would be MSN. I do recall I made FB account much later, when I was first grade of high school. It was funny how I am into IT and had no idea that there is a fb. My friends were like: You don't know what is fb?
:lol:
Heatman

Post by Heatman »

My first social media accounts was on MySpace and Yahoo Messenger. Both of them made my days growing up with all the memories pure fun. It's a shame that both of them are no longer working. MySpace is still around but it's not what it used to be.
Cory

Post by Cory »

I think it was MySpace and I don't remember when that was, far too long ago to remember. I've tried using Facebook about five times already, and I always end up deleting/deactivating my account.
Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites »

Debashis wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:44 am When had you created your first ever social media account and which website was it?

For me it's Facebook around 2012.
Mine is also Facebook. I opened that account in 2008 or thereabouts and it was one of the most exciting years for me as I started making a lot of friends back in those years via social media.
Riberet19

Post by Riberet19 »

My first social network no longer exists, I think it was in 2006 or 2007 when I opened my account on that site, which was called Tuenti, this social network if I'm not mistaken was exclusively from Spain, later it stopped being social network and was became a telephone company.
Timgab

Post by Timgab »

My first social media account was created on facebook platform years ago. It was when I really took facebook as my only giant for socialization. Right now I have got couple social media with account on them.
Cory

Post by Cory »

I've created a social media account on Facebook about 3 - 5 times after continuously deleting my account. Right now, my account is deactivated. I kept coming back due to loneliness, I think, but I also realized it seemed to affect my mental health with me comparing my life to others and realizing how few people I've befriended in my life. It was pretty useless to have a social media account on Facebook when I didn't have many people to stay in contact with anyway.

As for when I first had a Facebook account, I'm going to assume around a year or three after it was created. I just followed in my immediate family's footsteps to create one. I later on found Reddit and I've been a member of Reddit for a while now, though I no longer post or comment, just browse.