Depression and weight gain

The Raven

Depression and weight gain

Post by The Raven »

Have you ever noticed that very fat people continue the cycle of eating and being depressed as a fact they are fat. I have seen some television episodes where they have like 200kg and they complain about depression how boyfriend left them and then they started eating and afterwards they became depressed because they are fat and to solve that they ate even more. It became a vicious cycle they struggle to get out of.
What you guys think of it?
Debashis

Re: Depression and weight gain

Post by Debashis »

Depression can indeed contribute to weight gain for some individuals. Changes in appetite, emotional eating, reduced physical activity, and medication side effects are common factors. It's crucial for anyone experiencing this to seek professional help, as addressing the underlying depression is essential for overall well-being and managing weight effectively.
Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak »

Lots of people do emotionally turn to food to help them cope with their depression. When you're in a spiral like that, you don't see things clearly and the cycle continues. Plus it's hard to lose weight when you're already that size, their bodies crave more food. That's why you'll see lots of people fail their diets on shows like My 600 lb life. It's sad for those who want the help, but are stuck in their own depression.
Timgab

Post by Timgab »

If I have any friend like this who looks unto eating more to subside his or her depression, get ready to be more depressed cause I won't stop laughing and bringing up the obesity topic each time we meet. 😁😁😂😂