Vegan Diet

Nathan

Vegan Diet

Post by Nathan »

Do you think Vegan diet is good for your body? What are the possible reasons for trying vegan diet? Are animal-based foods actually bad for the human body? I have never tried vegan diet but sometimes there is no animal products in my food and I end up eating vegan food.
MisterBobbyPin

Re: Vegan Diet

Post by MisterBobbyPin »

I've seen people go on it and honestly I couldn't see it having any real effect on them. It just kind of existed.
Alisa

Post by Alisa »

I don't see any reasons for trying vegan foods. However, I believe we need to limit meat based diet for two reasons, one, for health (as meat based diet is not good for the heart), and two, for environment (it takes a lot of resources to produce meat).
cmoneyspinner

Post by cmoneyspinner »

I'm happy to try any food. Meat, vegetarian, vegan. Even food that's been turned into a "pill" or "powder" for you to consume if you don't have the actual food. I remember reading about a woman who had invented a powder that was loaded with nutrients. You just add it to water and drink it. She was working a research project to address hunger in certain parts of the world. If you could not get food to these people because of the expense, at least get something to them that was healthy and prevented them from starving to death. I thought she had a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't know whatever became of her research project. (FYI: Vegan vs. vegetarian: Differences, benefits, and which is healthier ~ medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325478)
Dilip

Post by Dilip »

Ok with all kinds of diets as long as they are not imposed on me.

We have a normal diet which includes enough vegetables. I think that is enough for me.
Heatman

Post by Heatman »

I don't do any kind of diet because I workout very well. But I'm always very cautious of what I eat because bad diet is not good for someone's health.
Shortie

Post by Shortie »

I have nothing against people wanting to go vegan and I respect anyone who chooses their own path on what they want to eat. I do however believe that when you go on a vegan diet, you are limiting yourself to what things you eat that may be important for your health. Certain foods such as cheese, milk, butter and even some meats contain a lot of what we need to be able to have a healthy diet, and when you take that away, I do believe it can cause issues with your body and health.