Ways to cure common cold at home

Debashis

Ways to cure common cold at home

Post by Debashis »

What are some very effective ways to get rid of common cold quickly at home without the need of seeing a doctor?
Share all the tips & tricks you use or have learnt from your elders or people around you.

Personally, I have heard that taking steam when going having common cold really helps in getting rid of it. Only thing is that you should take it at least 4-5 times in a day. You should be able to see the difference the next day itself.
Daisy

Re: Ways to cure common cold at home

Post by Daisy »

To relieve cold symptoms at home, try inhaling steam with eucalyptus essential oil to clear congestion. Gargle with warm salt water to soothe a sore throat. Drink a mixture of honey and lemon in warm water to alleviate coughing and boost immunity. Rest and stay hydrated for faster recovery.
Jenifer

Post by Jenifer »

Echinacea is a popular herbal remedy for the common cold. It's believed to boost the immune system and reduce the severity and duration of cold symptoms. Consuming echinacea in the form of tea or supplements at the onset of a cold may help alleviate symptoms and promote quicker recovery. However, its effectiveness varies among individuals, and consulting with a healthcare provider is advisable.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

When I have a common cold, I rely on home remedies to ease my symptoms. I drink plenty of fluids like warm tea with honey to soothe my throat and stay hydrated. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot water helps clear congestion. Gargling with salt water provides relief for a sore throat. Resting, eating nutritious foods, and taking over-the-counter remedies like honey and lemon or ginger tea also aid in my recovery.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Several essential oils can effectively alleviate symptoms of the common cold when used at home. Eucalyptus oil, renowned for its decongestant properties, helps clear nasal passages and relieve congestion, while also possessing antimicrobial properties to combat respiratory infections. Peppermint oil offers relief for sore throats and sinus congestion due to its cooling menthol content, acting as a natural decongestant. Tea tree oil's strong antimicrobial properties make it effective against cold-causing bacteria and viruses, aiding respiratory symptoms and bolstering the immune system. Lavender oil's calming effects can reduce stress and improve sleep quality during a cold, while its mild antiviral properties offer additional immune support. Lemon oil, rich in vitamin C, boosts immunity and provides congestion relief when diffused or inhaled with hot water. Proper dilution and consultation with a healthcare professional are essential before using essential oils, especially for those with underlying health conditions or during pregnancy or breastfeeding.