Do you drink before starting to eat?

Ja sa bong

Do you drink before starting to eat?

Post by Ja sa bong »

There is a habit my father always display when he's about to start eating any food. He will first sip water a few times before starting to eat his food. He will not drink water again until he has finished eating.

Is this act familiar with you or anyone you know?
Timgab

Re: Do you drink before starting to eat?

Post by Timgab »

When people take water before starting to eat, I find this weird. I drink water while in the process of eating, also finalise eating by drinking water too. I think that's because I can't drink water on my own without taking at least snacks unless it is a sunny day.
deucher

Post by deucher »

I do not do this, and it is very useful for those who are trying to lose weight, because water fills the stomach and does not allow a large amount of food to get there. But I always drink water after meals.
Ola

Post by Ola »

Drinking water while eating can aid digestion and prevent dehydration, but moderation is key. Avoid excessive water consumption during meals, as it may dilute stomach acids, leading to poor digestion. Sipping water between bites can aid in swallowing and help maintain hydration without interfering with digestion. Opt for room temperature or warm water, as cold water can solidify fats in food and slow digestion. Listen to your body's thirst cues and drink as needed.