Is British Food Good?

MisterBobbyPin

Is British Food Good?

Post by MisterBobbyPin »

One of the biggest jokes I've seen of Britian is about how garbage their food is. And I do wonder about the actual quality of British food. I've personally only had Fidh and Chips, and I found it kind of bland.
cmoneyspinner

Re: Is British Food Good?

Post by cmoneyspinner »

This is just my opinion based on watching a lot of British TV shows. I think their diet of the Brits sucks! I have seen plates of food that had eggs, potatoes beans, sausage and bacon. And that was for breakfast!! I mean ... seriously?? How can you eat that for breakfast regularly?? I am curious though about that condiment that they call "brown sauce". In one TV show the lady had just finished eating. Mind you. Her husband had died and the police were at her home to investigate. She casually remarked that she had just finished eating eggs with brown sauce and how wonderful it was. Apparently, her husband wouldn't let her have any while he was alive or something like that. I was like: "Dang! That brown sauce must be pretty good!" :lol:
Heatman

Post by Heatman »

I think that they are very much interested in eating healthy and not getting too fat. It's why their food looks so light. I have seen a lot of it in their movies especially on James Bond movies and they look nice. I haven't had the privilege of eating their food yet and I'm looking forward to it.
Fait

Post by Fait »

As an Australian our food is a combination of brittish and American food!
micron

Post by micron »

I don't know much about Britain Food and their culture, but hearing this bad news never visit them. I ate only our country food than any other country some of the low priced items only from different countries.
Shortie

Post by Shortie »

As someone who is from Britain, I can honestly say that British food is really good. Many will say that I am biased though being that I live here but you honestly can not beat fish and chips, a good old British roast dinner and also a full English breakfast. Too many people who live away from Britain and the UK will always say they have tried fish and chips and they found it bland. I always say unless you tried it actually made in Britain you can not get the true taste at all.
deucher

Post by deucher »

I have never tried real British cuisine, but looking at the photos and just the menu, it looks very appetizing to me. Maybe their breakfasts are a bit strange, but that's only for those who are not in Britain, because if they eat it since childhood, it's not strange for them, and I think that if I lived there for more than a year, I would also get used to it and I would like it.